Thursday, May 10, 2007

Garrett's Wall Ball Story

The other morning, I looked over Garrett's homework packet to quickly discover that there was a note attached on the front from his teacher. The note said, "Mrs. Cottle, Garrett accidently threw 2 wall balls on the roof of the school. The first time he threw it, I thought an apology would be efficient for losing Jordan's ball. The second time, I thought it would be best if he replaced Jordan's ball. Garrett told me that you would never buy Jordan a wall ball. I then told Garrett that it would be good if he earned the money at home to pay for a new ball." She then said, "You are the parent, you decide how you should best handle this situation." Thanks.

I thought it was pretty funny that Garrett told his teacher that I would NEVER buy him one. I am sure! I quickly got to the bottom of the situation, and put Garrett to work pulling weeds in the backyard all afternoon. Earlier in the day I had gone to Walmart to purchase a "wall ball". I obviously didn't know what that was because I came home with a "kick ball". The kids quickly told me that that was NOT the right ball. Logan spoke up to tell me that a wall ball was a raquetball. Whew! That answered a lot of questions. Garrett and I went back to Walmart and exchanged the balls. He took two of the balls to his friend Jordan the next day. What a funny day that was!!!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's so funny! What is the deal with wall balls, anyway? Brendan was obsessed with them when he was in 1st grade, too. Of course, his always ended up on the roof and I was constantly going to Wal-mart to buy more. Sometimes they were completely out of them because so many kids were buying them! I thought it was just a Freedom thing but I guess Sego Lily is in on it, too!

Elder Logan Cottle said...

No it is not just a Freedom thing. I can't believe how crazy he is about it. He wants a Wall ball party for his birthday! Heaven help me!!!!