Friday, March 6, 2009

Our getaway

It has been some time since I have posted on my blog and I am sorry about that. I have been introduced to Facebook and have become obsessed. I usually can only be focused on one thing at a time. What am I saying, I am a teacher and a mom for crying out loud! Anyway, I thought I would post some pics of our cruise that we went on the end/first of February. It was great to get away and spend some time hanging out and relaxing with Jeff. We enjoyed laughing with friends, eating yummy chocolate melting cake, and I even did some kareoke (sp?). It was tranquil laying on seven mile beach in the Grand Cayman and kayaking in a clear bottom boat looking at fish in Cozumel. It was fun to take naps, read, and soak in some rays. Jeff enjoyed playing lots of B-ball and met a new friend that became a regular as well. It is always fun to get away and reconnect. I was grateful to my parents for coming out and I have to admit that I have never missed my kids so much before. I guess it's time to take the kids on our next getaway. They would have enjoyed it. I am glad to be back to normality.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Jealous! I am glad that you can escape and enjoy a little r&r. Hopefully, it will be a little warmer next time around for you.

Rose said...

I love cruisin! Good times!

Jenny said...

Beautiful! We need to go on a trip together. I love your new blog. We need to talk about Miss Utah. Did you get that e-mail from Charlene?

Clemclan said...

I'm jealous it looks like you had fun! I haven't talked to anyone in what I call the outside world. lol it feels like I'm in a twilight zone being in Germany away from everyone. Anyways Josh and I have this blog so you can see what we have been up to. I hope the WHOLE Cottle family is doing good. Tell everyone Josh and I say hi!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

So fun! I'm glad you could have a break-you deserve it!