Sunday, January 24, 2010

I DID IT! My Half Marathon!











Well after months and months of training I ran my second half marathon this weekend in St. George. Jeff came with me and we made it a fun weekend together. It was nice to have his support as the last race was supporting Jeff! He was so cute pumping me up and making me feel confident. The weather was suppose to be rainy but it ended up being absolutely PERFECT. It was overcast and about 40 degrees. There were a lot of runners and Shellie and I felt quite overwhelmed as it felt like everyone was passing us at the beginning of the race. I felt really strong in the race until mile 11. It was difficult the last 2 miles as it was slightly uphill and I ran out of steam but I kept going. I came in at 2 hours 3 minutes. I really wanted to come in under 2 hours......maybe next time :) I discovered I have an injury called planter fiscitis in my right foot....it is quite painful and will be pampering it over the next couple of months, but then I am anxious to start training again for something else!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

You're amazing! Vegas in 5 days!!!!

Rose said...

Look at you! You're awesome!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Wow-way to go! That is so great-what an accomplishment. And by the way, I love the new family picture!

Jill Heaps said...

You did awesome!! What great photos!

Steve and Dee said...

You are awesome! Sorry about the foot. I had that when I ran cross country in high school and it's not fun! Don't rush the recovery...I did and it caused other problems.

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Yea for you! I truly aspire to be just like Camille Cottle! FYI...I've started counting my calories; I cheat here and there (especially on the weekends), but it's been pretty good for me I think.

kelly jewell said...

Good work! I once ran the Moab 5 mile. It was fun...once. Now I'm good...forever.