Thursday, July 14, 2011

Granite Flats











We lucked out last Thursday when Jeff and I decided to be spontaneous and drive up to try to get a spot at Granite Flats to camp. Sure enough we found a spot, but unfortunately you have to have your camper to reserve it which we DID NOT have because it is a 30 foot trailer and let's be honest.....SO, they did say we could have me stand there while he went home to get it.....that is what I did. I got some bug spray from the camp host and there I sat. It was awesome. Beautiful, a little cool, rainy in the evenings, hiking up to Silver Lake, playing cards, eating smores and banana boats, and just hanging out. I am now addicted to Granite Flats because it is so close and you are completely in the mountains. The boys caught a snake which was very cool, we hung by the fire and got eaten alive by mosquitos, and even watched a couple of movies :) I would camp every weekend if I didn't have to come home and clean everything up.........

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like a good time, except for the bugs, eww! That is so funny that you stood there and waited for your camper to get your spot!

Huntsman Family said...

Looks awesome! Miss you.

J said...

I can totally see you standing there, waiting for Jeff to return. Looks pretty and cold!!