Sunday, September 9, 2007

Starting my Fourth Week

I really cannot believe I have made it three weeks and will be starting my fourth week on Monday. I really love it. It is extremely hard, but I still believe going to school in Heber and then driving up to Park City every day for 4 months through the winter WAS MUCH WORST. I think it gets a little easier every day, and I want so badly to touch each of my students in a way where it reaches deep in their souls. I try to make my class a "safe" place to be, and with 7 resource kids, two Special Ed. students, and 31 students total, I really have quite a lot on my plate. I will keep you informed as the weeks go by. I appreciate all of your words of encouragement and love. I love all of you!!!

7 comments:

Becca said...

You are an awesome teacher-- your comments just show how much you DO care about the students and you WILL touch their lives because of that! I know it seems like you have a lot on your plate...but just think..you're probably the best teacher for them! Maybe they are all in your class for a reason! :) You're doing amazing...and you're right.. it's downhill from here! :) Love ya!

Jenny said...

I want to see some pictures!

Suzie said...

Your committment is so inspiring. Wow. What a class of diverse learning abilities. Keep it up! We need teachers like you!!!!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Sounds like you are having your fair share of challenges, but I hve no doubt that you are the best teacher! I wish we lived close so my kids could be in your class someday. Did you see our blog? We're having a boy!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh...remember Lana??? She added me on facebook. Oh the memories!!

And I want to hear more about your adventures in teaching! did you get my message?

Becca said...

Hey-- sorry I didn't bring that book by today.. Mylie had her fill on outings! I hope you're not desperately waiting for it! :) I'll try to get it to you soon! Thanks for letting us come over last night! Good luck with school this week!

Becca said...

I'm needing an update from you!!! :)