Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas at Folly Beach in South Carolina

We truly had the time of our lives as we stayed at an amazing beach house that was built just last year. My (Camille's) entire family came and we rented a beach house at Folly Beach for a week. It was amazing to look out the back windows and see the sunrise, sunset, and listen to the waves crash as we went to sleep. The kids had a wonderful time with their cousins, and enjoyed playing pool up on the top deck and using the inside elevator! The beach house had 5 full bedrooms with their own bathrooms, and each one had a view of the beach from the bedrooms. It was exquisite in design as well as in decor. I think I know what it must be like to be "rich" for a week. It was just amazing. My parents only live about 40 minutes from the house, so we were able to make trips as needed. There was cooking, laughing, chilling, playing with babies, eating, running on the beach (one of my favorite parts), and did I say eating? My wonderful sister in law made the most amazing "Gorilla Bread" for breakfast on Christmas Eve. I KNOW I gained 5 pounds just from that. We had a range of grandchildren from the ages of 14, 10, 7, 3, 10 months, and the newest addition of 5 weeks. It was a beautiful place to stay and it was amazing to be there with all the people I love the most. I feel richly blessed that we had this wonderful opportunity and a once in a lifetime experience. I know my kids will talk of this trip for many years and I will cherish the memories as well.

7 comments:

Becca said...

I love the pics of your boys on the beach! Those were some great shots-- you're quite the photographer! :) Will you burn me a CD of your pics!? I'll do the same for you! :) It was such a fun trip-- so great to spend some time with you and your family! It's crazy that we had to go to SC to make that happen! Enjoy the rest of your vacation at home-- unwinding and spending some alone time with your family! Love you!

Suzie said...

Wow. Camille that just looks like an amazing place to spend the Holiday. Just beautiful.
What a fun, memorable trip for you guys.
Merry Christmas!

Jenny said...

How fun! I left you a treat on your porch. I hope you got it! Let's go to lunch soon!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Good luck going back to school this week-you can do it! I have to say I was very sad to leave the kids, but a little relieved in some ways. It's a lot of worry and work! It's not just an 8-4 job that's for sure. I bet you are such a great teacher though. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you as I sit home with my little one.

Becca said...

I'm so sorry that we didn't get a pic of you and Mylie!! That's horrible! Well, whenever you drop by, we'll snap one! When do you head back to school? Was it this week? Things with my Dad went well. He left yesterday and now it's just our little family once again! I can't wait to get Christmas put away-- Mylie is crawling now and has already pulled the tree down on herself! Yikes! Well, I hope all is well! Talk to you soon! Love ya!

PS- I have your CD too!

Suzie said...

http://www.blurb.com/create/book

Here is the link to make your blog book
:)

Anonymous said...

Way too much fun! Hi, Camille. I am a blog stalker and found you on the Mordacei's....see you in March.