Sunday, January 20, 2008

Four months and ten days to go!

I have to say that I have made it halfway through the school year. It is slowly getting better and I feel somewhat normal again. I still hate being away from my family. For some reason it didn't seem so bad when I was in school because I knew that there was an END. I don't like being gone when my kids get home from school. I will hang in there until May and then decide what will become of next year. I know that I have left a positive impact on many students and have grown to love all of them very much (strange isn't it?) I am far from perfect and find myself learning new things every day. I am grateful for my wonderful husband who has held down the fort at home as well as also working full time. I love him for that.

7 comments:

The Duncan Family said...

Congrats! Hopefully the rest of the year goes smoothly for you.

Ivie Family said...

Camille, I too have missed you my friend! I waited for you at Samantha's baby shower, but you never came (sounds like a love story huh?) Well I am glad that you have made it through half a year of school, good for you! I am sure that your students love you dearly. Hard not being at home when your kids get home, I am sure that is a struggle for you because it would be hard for me too, we are similar that way. Well I am more than jealous of your Folly Beach trip, I need a vacation!!!!I love having the kids, but starting over with a new baby made me realize how dependent they are on you compared to a 3 year old. Luckily she is a wonderful sleeper (12 hour night) and 3 or 4 two hour naps so that makes it easier and she is pretty much the best baby in the world hardly makes a peep. We need to do lunch with everyone for sure!

Jenny said...

I say quit! Then we can play more!

Jen said...

Well, just remember...we're playing in Vegas this week!! Woohoo!!!

Anonymous said...

You're going to Vegas!? How fun! Have enough fun for me and Tara! Rock on!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Yea! Although each day does seem to go slowly, all in all it really does fly by! I am sure your students will always remember you and what you've taught them. Not only school stuff, but more important things like how to treat others, etc. I wish my kids could have you as a teacher someday!

Erin said...

Camille,

Thanks for your kind words. It's been a tough couple of weeks but also an amazing couple of weeks. We have been shown what a kind and loving Heavenly Father we have. We are so thankful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge it gives us. I can't imagine the hopelessness we would feel without it. Thanks for your friendship. Love your blog.

Erin