Sunday, March 16, 2008

I see the light!

It is official. I have exactly 2 1/2 months left until school is over. I can't believe I have actually survived this "first year". There have been some extremely
hard days, more hard days, and a few great "ah ha" moments. I have to admit, I am beginning to shed a few tears for MOST of my students because it is winding down. I really LOVE these students. It is hard to believe because I received one heck of a class, but they are MY class, and I believe I have been able to touch some of them in a way that I didn't think possible. I know I was suppose to get each and everyone of those kids. They have made me a better person. They have made me realize WHY I decided to be a teacher. By the end of next month, the core should have been taught and we are spending the first two weeks of May just reviewing. The last two weeks of school.......give me the strength. I hope I survive. I can already see the morphing of these students into "pre 6th graders". They are more emotional and are showing all of the signs of LIKING BOYS. We even had MATURATION on Friday. That was quite funny to see their faces. CLASSIC. Well, I can say I taught full-time 1 year. Hopefully next year I will be going part-time and splitting a contract. We shall see. May 30th here we come!!!!!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Ivie Family said...

Congratulations Camille!! I am so proud of you, and slightly jealous! I want to teach on a shared contract so badly but can't find one! Let me know if you know of anything!

Suzie said...

way to go, Camille. I know it's been rough. Hope you can get what you need and want next year. And just think, it may be an easy class!

Steffani Dastrup said...

Camille! I randomly ran across your blog through Jessica Bennett's (I don't remember her married name). I understand what you mean about the end of the year! It is very bittersweet! That is awesome that you might go 1/2 day! That would be my dream, expecially with this little boy coming! Your planning to stay at Fox Hollow though right? You'd better! Who else is going to set the messy bun trend with me unless you stay? :)

Suzie said...

girl, you need to change the link on the side of your blog. mine is no sooner "Lindsay's blog" than my laundry pile is hers.
I had to get that off my chest.
thank you.
and Happy Easter