Monday, September 15, 2008

Homemade Salsa.....YUMMY!





I must confess that I am not a canner. I love to eat bottled peaches, pears, and other wonderful fruits and vegies but I do not like to can them. I believe it stems back to my childhood. My mother canned a lot and I frankly am not HALF of the person my mother is in that department. She has always been such a "homemaker" and I value that about my mother. I remember going to the strawberry farm and picking baskets and baskets of strawberries. Anyway....I went off on a different story. Sorry. I do however can salsa. I try to do it every other year as my family doesn't go through the salsa yearly so I save myself the stress and do it every other. Hayden was sure cute in offering to help me this year. It is a time consuming process and takes two days to complete. He offered to help me blanch the tomatoes which is probably the most time consuming part. It was fun to have his help and to let him see the work that goes into the salsa that he enjoys so much! Here's to a wonderful new batch of homemade salsa!!!!!

6 comments:

Christy said...

mmmmm...... salsa! Good for you! Yeah, for your happy helper. I am looking forward to the day.

Kendra said...

I just want some of that salsa!!! ;) Seems like you guys had lots of fun! I can't wait to have a family to do that with!:)

Jenny said...

Yummy! Can I have some?

Becca said...

Looks fun and yummy!! I was supposed to do that with you.. remember!? Darn! Oh well. We'll plan on Sunday. See you then.

Kaydee said...

Good for you... that salsa looks so yummy! I must admit that I still rely on my mom to do that kind of stuff for me!! You are such a cute mom!

AWRS said...

Hi, Camille! I love your blog! It was so good to see you at Miss Utah this year. Hopefully I'll run into you again before the next one! :)
killiankhronicles.blogspot.com