Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas!






This Christmas brought many wonderful surprises. We spent Christmas alone as a family which was WONDERFUL! The boys woke up at 7 am PUNCTUALLY and we managed to open presents one at a time. It was so nice to relax and sit around my new fireplace!!! The boys enjoyed their gifts and enjoyed watching their brothers open their gifts. They were so proud of what they bought for eachother. The grand prize of course came a little later. The kids were downstairs playing and Jeff took off to "run an errand". When he was coming home, he called me to get the boys upstairs. I called them up and told them that there was one more surprise. The boys were so confused. I told them to sit on the hearth and close their eyes. Logan kept saying, "Don't be pulling my leg mom." I told him I wasn't. Jeff then brought in our new addition to our family (No I am not pregnant). The boys then opened their eyes to see a brand new puppy! She is a black and silver miniature schnauzer. Her name is Sadie and we absolutely LOVE HER. I know......am I on drugs? I couldn't believe it either but we really did our research this time and she is a much better fit as far as breed for our family. She won't get very big but will be a sturdy dog. She is VERY smart and quick to potty train and be trained. She doesn't shed and we lucked out because she really was the "pick of the litter." The breeders LOVED her and said she was the most playful and they said they would have kept her out of all of them if they could. I didn't really believe them until we brought her home. She is so playful but is a wonderful and calm "lap dog". She loves to be wherever we are and is doing fantastic with potty training. I still can't believe I did it but the kids are so in love with her. They have responsibilies and are doing great keeping up on their assignments. It should only get easier. Let Spring get here!!!!! I will try to post the video of when we surprised the kids as soon as I can figure out how to do it. I now have a girl!!!!

13 comments:

Janine said...

She is darling! It almost makes me want one. :) I hope the boys are having a blast and I really hope you don't get too stressed! Always remember. . . .Deep Breaths! :)

Rose said...

That's the only way I could get a girl in the family too! lol

Erin said...

She is soooo cute. Puppies are so much fun. There is just something about a boy and his dog. Enjoy, she really will be like a new child.

Jenny said...

Better you than me! Seriously, I'm glad it's working out this time.

Lisa Hartle said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to see the video! Congrats!

Christy said...

Like I told Dorothy.... I think you guys are nuts but she really is adorable!!! Good for you Camille for giving into your kids real wishes... someday I might get mine a goldfish... nahh!

Becca said...

Sadie is darling.. what a fun new addition. Good luck!

Ryan Family said...

She really is such a cute dog! I'm nervous about next week when the kids go back to school. Maybe we should set up a play date. The puppies are going to wonder where everyone went.

kelly jewell said...

Oh my! I just can't take it... she is divine. You did it! Hooray. Great choice and cutie cute cute.
I asked Garrick for a puppy this Christmas too. He said to me, "What another dog for me to take care of?"
Now that I have sweet Jayne I realize my dogs are just dogs. haha... I don't know what I thought they were before?
Love her! Have fun.

Angela said...

Love the blog, love the dog, love the fireplace-love you guys! I am so glad to find you again!

Ivie Family said...

Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE that little dog! Finally Camille, gosh I have had nothing short of a wild animal sanctuary in the time it took you to get a dog, I am proud of you! I hope the school year is going well!

The Duncan Family said...

Camille you could have had my dog if you would have asked. Actually no, I would have paid you good money to take him. It looks like you had a great Christmas. It has been forever since I have seen you! I think we need a reunion (okay maybe only a few of us).

Suzie said...

Your Christmas was obviously wonderful.
And how cute is your new addition. Love her!