Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sandhollow















We just returned from a fantastic/hot trip to Sandhollow. It is called "mini Lake Powell" and felt it with 106 degree weather each day. Luckily we had waverunners on the lake to keep up cool. The boys loved digging and playing in the mud. The entertained themselves for hours building forts and sandcastles. Logan and Garrett both got up on the knee boards and they even enjoyed some snorkeling. I enjoyed sitting under the umbrella digging my feet in the sand. We planned on hiking the Subway, but all the passes were taken so we chose to stay back and enjoy the lake. I am just very very thankful for the generator that we had to keep our trailer cool in the morning and in the late afternoon. All in all it was another great trip to remember for years to come. Thanks Logan for being a trooper without any of your friends there.

4 comments:

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Never been to Sandhollow, but if it's anything like Lake Powell I think it would be right up my alley. Oh, gosh. I can't believe I won't be seeing you anymore! You better take care of yourself and keep me updated all the time.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Way fun! Sound like a hot and sandy, but very fun trip. I hope you're enjoying your summer off. Are you enjoying teaching? I guess obviously if you still at it. :) My parents left for their mission today-bitter sweet. They'll do a great job.

Kaydee said...

Good grief- you guys sure are full of adventure! So glad that you had a GREAT time!!

Jenny said...

Your boys are so handsome!