Thursday, July 1, 2010

Garrett is now 10











I do love my sweet youngest who actually turned 10 a month ago but haven't blogged about it yet. My baby is in double digits. How is this possible.. I remember his birth like it was yesterday. It was such a hot couple of days. He was ready to come and luckily I was induced just a couple of days early. It was a good thing because I was admitted at 7:00 and had him at 1:00 in the afternoon where he came into this lovely word weighing 9 pounds 1 ounce. He was so chunky and pink as could be. With him being born so close to summer, I was anxious to get back in shape and out and about with him. We hit the Lehi parade only 3 weeks later.

Here are some things I love about Garrett:

His big blue eyes (we don't know where he came from :) )
His white hair
Tender and very large heart
Very contagious laugh
Desire to learn as much as he can
Quite the comic
Excellent at Math
Loved by all the girls :)
How he still snuggles his mom each night
Wants to do what is right and doesn't enjoy when he disappoints others.
Can hear him always singing something
Is the expert at Word Searches
Has a natural talent at the drums (Thanks Dad)
Is one incredible soccer player

I love you Garrett. You are very well rounded and I am grateful you are part of our family. You are quirky and sweet all at the same time.

Garrett chose to have a "soccer" birthday party. I know that is so original in our family. I am sure I have made atleast 3 or 4 soccer ball cakes so I was a pro by now. He invited most of his soccer team plus some friends from school. The kids enjoyed playing in the water, having a water balloon fight, playing a soccer game in the road, hitting a soccer ball pinata, and eating cake and cupcakes. He is grown up and teaches me something new each day.

2 comments:

kelly jewell said...

Your BABY! I can't believe it. Love the picture in the middle where he's holding Sadie like a baby. Bet she loves that! :)

Jenny said...

I still remember when he was born. Crazy how fast it goes by.