Sunday, May 31, 2009






Yesterday was Garrett's 9th grade birthday. I can't believe he is already 9! I feel like it was just yesterday that he came into this world. He weighed 9 lbs. 1 oz. and was the cutest baby ever! He was excited to be here, and it was the perfect time to have a baby because it was already warm and basically summer. I rememeber taking him to Lehi Roundup that week. He was only 1 month old. He is my one child who has big blue eyes. I really don't know where he got those because both Jeff and I have rather small hazel eyes which Logan and Hayden both got. He also is known now for his "bright white hair" in the summer. He is such a joy in our home. He is my fearless child. I have always said that if he would have been around during Woodstock, that would have been his thing. He is always barefoot and isn't afraid to take a risk in ANYTHING. I will never forget when he was barely 3 watching him dive off the diving board at the outdoor Lehi pool. He never took swimming lessons but manages to be a great swimmer. He has a huge and sensitive heart and sometimes that is hard because he is the baby and has to be "big" around his brothers. He deserves kid time sometimes. For his birthday, he invited a few friends over to have a Xbox 360 party. They had lots of treats, played games on the big screen in the basement, and even had an Xbox 360 cake with controllers made from scratch (yes I am quite proud of myself). It is the first time I have ever used fondent. It was really fun to do. I think he had a terrific time. He received his very own long board from us. Now he doesn't have to use Logan's anymore. Happy Birthday Garrett. We sure love you!

7 comments:

Rose said...

9 already!! I remember coming over and planting your Mother's Day flowers for you because your tummy was too big and it was too awkward for you to kneel down like that. Wasn't that just a couple years ago? lol

Lisa Hartle said...

Happy day G! Love you man! Millie, you really did out do yourself on the cake! I saw it in person and it RoCkEd!!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Happy birthday Garrett! I can't believe he's already 9-crazy! Seems like just yesterday I was taking violin and he was just barely talking.

Awesome job on the cake Camille! I'm very impressed!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Impressive cake-making skills, sister!

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Garrett!! Camille.. that cake is awesome! Your baking skills are seriously impressive!

Cassie said...

I love your blog,Mrs.Cottle. Very nice.

Jenny said...

That cake is so cool! Good job!