Friday, June 5, 2009

Hiking the Subway!






The week school got out, Jeff pulled the boys out of school on Wednesday.to go hike the Subway in Zion's. Early that morning they got up and left by 5:00 am. Our family hiked the Subway "bottom up" in April because the water was far too cold to swim through and be able to get out and warm up. So we never did the hike "top down" where you get to repel and see many beautiful rock formations. SO, Jeff decided to take the kids down for the day to do it the RIGHT WAY. I couldn't get out of teaching, so it was a father/sons trip. They got there, hiked it, ate dinner, and drove back getting home around 1:00 am. CRAZY:) I think they all had a terrific time and Garrett just plugged right along! I have amazing men in my life!

5 comments:

Rose said...

My boys said it was worth the trip too! I can't believe Garrett went!

Becca said...

What fun pics. Love your crazy boys. They are hardcore!

Jenny said...

You do have amazing men in your life. Having all boys is the bom! Four more days, I just might pee my pants. (I'm sure that I will while we are there!)

kelly jewell said...

Lucky boys!

sbaughman said...

Sigh -
My little grandsons are growing up and turning into mountain goats!!!
I know that was an incredible edxperience - and how cool to share it with your fantastic dad!!
I'm proud of all of you!!
Isn't this world beautiful?