Tuesday, June 3, 2008

School's out, Garrett's Birthday, and THE Baptism

Well, it has been a crazy weekend for our family. Friday was the last day of school (Honestly I wish I could use profanity I am so excited), Garrett celebrated his 8th birthday on Friday, we took 8 eight year old's to Classic Skating Friday evening, and then first thing Saturday morning Garrett was Baptized! I can't believe my baby is 8! Where has time gone???? I was sure proud of him when I asked him why he wanted to be baptized. His response was, "So that I can GET THE SPIRIT!" I guess he must be expressing some of his Southern roots. I expected him to say, "Praise the Lord" next. He is just such a ball of sunshine and energy. He keeps us laughing every minute and we decided he would have fit in just fine during the Woodstock era. He is our "free spirit" and we love him very much! He received his own Quad scriptures with his name on them as well as a brand new suit. He looked SO SHARP. He looked like a future missionary. I think he would be ready to go right now if I'd let him. His uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandpa and grandma were all there at his baptism which meant a lot to Garrett. It was fun to visit and eat. I sure love family and love getting together whenever possible.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, that's so exciting! And yay for you being done with school! We all need to find a time to get together in the next couple of weeks.

Jenny said...

A new post! We have got to get going on everything!

Suzie said...

Congrats on getting through your year with flying colors!
LOVE the new look on your blog. Love. It.

Becca said...

Thanks for letting us be apart of Garrett's special day!