Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Holy Cow it's been 16 years!




Time sure flies by quickly. I feel like it was yesterday that I made fun of Jeff's UNLV hat while in the school parking lot. I didn't know him and yet I didn't have a problem making fun of him. Secretly I thought he was cute and wanted to talk to him no matter how rude it may have seemed. The following day I noticed a cute boy playing the piano in my institute class. Come to find out it was Jeff! I knew from that moment that he was the one I was to marry. I played hard to get for a while, but 6 months later we were married on July 31, 1992. I love him. I love how patient he is. I love his quirky sense of humor. I love that he is isn't afraid to get dirty. I love that he is my "Bob Villa" and can fix and repair anything. He is an incredible carpenter and I cherish everything he has made. He is a wonderful husband and an amazing father. He values the importance of being an Eagle Scout. He has helped Logan achieve his Eagle at 13 years old, and is helping Hayden now who has already earned 5 merit badges at age 11. I love that he enjoys the outdoors. I don't love that he kills Bambi's, but I do love how happy he is after returning from killing a Bambi. I don't love when I open up the garage door only to find a hanging deer carcus from the ceiling. I do love how proud he gets when he has shot a deer. He is everything I could have wanted. He is different from any other guy I dated. He is much better. He is my love. Happy Anniversary and for the last 16 years. Here's to the next 60! I love you!!!

6 comments:

Christy said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing and way to go on 16 years. My how time flies when you are having fun!

Kaydee said...

Love that green dress!! Sounds like you guys have had a great 16 years. Congrats!

Jenny said...

OK I've never seen those pictures! You had brown hair! We need to talk.

Suzie said...

I know you'll take this well (Miss Manti-ahemmm)
you are more smoking hot today than you were 16 years ago.


Happy Aniversh!

oh, and it was confirmed in my eyes that you had a good man there when he needed a pen to keep score at Miss Utah.
awesome.
Congrats, both of you!
Hope you do some celebrating!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Oh my gosh-I love the pictures! You looks so different with dark hair! Can't believe he's still puttin' up with ya-just kidding of course. You're amazing! Happy 16th anniversary!

Janine said...

Hey Camilley, Love your blog. I need your help. Yes, I want to go to the gym. Let's go!! It is so past time.

Love the pictures! That cracked me up seeing the engagement pictures. So funny, time sure changes us. I think for the better.(so far)

Love ya, Janine