Monday, October 13, 2008

My oldest is 15!

I don't really know how to say what I feel about my oldest child Logan. He is such an amazing boy. I have always felt a closeness with him since he is my first born. He has the temperment of his father which makes us get along very well. He was born on October 12, 1993 at 6:35 pm. It was NOT any easy experience for either of us, and to say it in simple terms, he was 9 lbs. 3 oz. He was a beefy baby full of rolls from the very beginning. After pushing for over two hours, he finally entered this world with a large cone on the back of his head (not pretty and I quickly put a little hat on him). From the very beginning he was an easy going and pleasant child. He rarely cried and when he did it wasn't for long.I remember how white his hair was. People in the stores would always comment on how beautiful his hair was. He quickly decided that he did not like that he had "white" hair and wanted to change it to brown. He was quick to learn to read (is that a first child thing?) and he never struggled making friends at school. Logan has grown up so quickly. I find myself on a daily basis getting a tear in my eye as I think about him going out into the world on his own in only 4 years. He is such an amazing example to his brothers and has been labeled as the "peacemaker" in our family. He adds a very important part to our family to make it complete. I love him. I am proud of him and his wonderful accomplishments. I am so grateful that he loves the Savior and has such a strong testimony of this gospel. It is such a joy as a mother to watch him evolve into such an amazing young man. Happy birthday son. I am glad you are now at the age of DRIVING. Give me the strength. He is in the THICK of the teenage years and I am LOVING IT! I am proud of you son.

5 comments:

Lisa Hartle said...

Happy Birthday Logan! We wish you the very best! Love, All of us Hartles!

Ryan Family said...

What cute pictures! Happy Birthday Logan!

Suzie said...

Completely wonderful post about your handsome son.
Here's to his wishes, your strength & all those 15 year old girls.
Happy Birthday to both of you!

(hey. a couple posts ago I tagged you to tell about 8 quirks you have. If you have time..)

Christy said...

Happy Birthday! It seems like only yesterday he was an 11-year-old scout. I must be getting old...yep!

Jenny said...

You made me cry. Happy birthday, Logan!