Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat!






Well Halloween has come and gone once again! I can't believe how quickly it creeps up on us and flies by. My oldest spent the evening at a Murder Mystery Night which sounded like loads of fun. He was playing a "Beach Bum" which I see completely fitting for him. I asked him if he got to personally choose his character. He said he didn't, but I sure thought it was perfect for him. I was lucky to get ONE picture with him in it. Hayden was Batman, and little Garrett was Pinnochio. I know, hysterical. He wanted to be it the second he saw it online. I said, "Whatever you like." I really was skeptical that he would go through with it and wear it, but he did and became quite the talk of the Halloween parade at school as well as that evening Trick or Treating. I told him that he kind of was a celebrity. He said, "What is a celebrity?" I said, "It is someone who is very famous." He thought that was really cool. Hayden went off Trick or Treating with his friends, and Garrett, Jeff, and I hit the pavement and left a big bowl of candy on the porch (I know, LAME) with a note that read, "Take 2 or we will HAUNT you!" I have found out that many of course took more, but it was so worth it to go with Garrett and watch him have fun. He came home for a break at around 7:30, and then his friend Joseph came up to our neighborhood and they went back out for another hour or so! Those animals! It was a fun and festive night.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Okay, I LOVED Garrett's costume and want to know where you got it. Way too fun!

Jenny said...

I'm rolling!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Beach bum? That's hilarious. I love the costumes! I've never seen the puppet idea-very creative!

Becca said...

Funny costumes!

Kaydee said...

Love the costumes! I can't get over Garrett's costume!! You are such a fun mom! There are new pics on our class blog... check it out!