Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hayden's Team wins it all!

Hayden's soccer team went to St. George for the annual Dixie Cup Invitational Tournament. We left right after Thanksgiving and had games first thing Friday morning. Hayden's team came out strong and creamed all the teams they played. It was actually a little discouraging. It would have been more fun to have more competition but a win is a win right? In between games, we hit a brand new pizza/pasta joint called....???? I forgot but it was huge! We showed up with the whole team at 5:00 and weren't seated until 6:30. That wasn't so much fun, but frankly the setting was amazing. I felt like I was in line at Disneyland to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. There was a large boat where all the food was prepared, waterfalls, rocks and crevices to play in. Even ropes to climb. The kids had a BLAST waiting. I am sure glad because I was sure my insides were eating eachother. I was SO hungry. We finally got seated and ordered the mammoth pizza that serves atleast 12. It was called the Crackin and was GIGANTIC. We laughed SO hard when it was brought out. One slice wouldn't even fit on a plate. Funny funny. The pizza wasn't that great, but the environment sure was fun. Hayden's team made it to the championship game and it was played on the Dixie College Football Field. It was awesome to see the boys playing on such a huge field with the lights on! I was so proud of him and how he played his little heart out there as the BEST DEFENDER EVER! It was a great game and the boys were THRILLED to win. We sure enjoy going each year as now it has become a tradition. Hey, I even got up in St. George on the day after Thanksgiving and went shopping by myself at 4:30!!!

3 comments:

Lisa Hartle said...

Congrats Hayden!! You big stud! It looks like a lot of fun! We need to check out that pizza joint next time we (ALL of us) are in St. George! :0)

Christy said...

Way to go Hayden! He must be quite the player on quite the team. What a wild but happy way to spend your break for turkey-day!

Jenny said...

How fun! Hey, you never call me. You better!