Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It turned out!





Well let's just say that I was asked to make one of three turkey's for the big Hale Thanksgiving dinner this year. I about had a stroke.....I have never made a REAL turkey. I have made many turkey BREASTS in my crock pot, but nothing where I stick it in a deep pan and roast it for many hours. I finally accepted that I could do it and ventured to Food Network for security and answers to all my worries. After much stress and fear, I found the recipe that I thought I could handle and carried it out. It was a huge success! I bought a new roaster pan, a digital meat thermometer, and a 17 pound turkey ($8.00 at Smith's Marketplace....love that place). When I pulled it out I could't believe my eyes! It looked just like I hoped. As Jeff was cutting it, he said, "I don't believe you can get it any better than this!" I was thrilled!!!!! It was tasty and moist which I was most worried about. My aunts thought it was fantastic as well. Here's to many more turkeys. Who was scared?

5 comments:

Ryan Family said...

It looks so good!!

Lisa Hartle said...

Yum! Great job Betty! (Crocker that is! :)

Becca said...

I told you that you could do it!!! Yum! We should've grabbed more for leftovers!

Jennifer said...

Wow-you go girl! I've never made a turkey either-you'll have to teach me!

Jenny said...

Good job! Now you can teach me.