Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tag you are it!

Wrapping paper or gift bags? Really only wrapping paper.

Real Tree or Artificial? Artificial unfortunately. I am allergic to the real thing. But you can always find my head plastered down inside a real tree though at any grocery store inhaling the phenomenal aroma.


When do you put up the tree? Typically the first Monday of the month of December.

When do you take the tree down? Having an artificial tree allows it to stay up until New Year's.

Do you like eggnog? I LOVE egg nog! Many childhood memories there.

Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my personally sewn cabbage patch doll. Totally cool.

Hardest person to buy for? Any of my brothers. They buy what they want.

Easiest person to buy for? Garrett (Anything having to do with animals is a given)


Do you have a nativity scene? YES! I love it so much. I got it 5 years ago or so from Scrooge and Marley's and it is the most beautiful one. I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. I had to have it. Every year when I get it out I forget how much I love it.

Mail or e mail Christmas cards? Mailed Christmas cards for sure!

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Maybe my vacuum a couple of years ago???? I know that is rude but come on honey, a VACUUM for ME????

Favorite Christmas movie? One Magic Christmas with Mary Steenburgen. FABULOUS! I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT. I think I shall watch it today as a matter of fact.

When do you start shopping for Christmas? The middle of November. I was pretty close to being finished the first week of December.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Um.............

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Oh there are many things. I love my homemade hot chocolate, my mom's famous tea ring, and the wonderful sausage casserole on Christmas morning. YUM!

Lights on the tree? Yes can you say pre-lit????

Favorite Christmas song? just one? White Christmas probably.

Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year we are staying home. I am so excited!!

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Heck yeh!

Angel on the tree top, or star? A rustic star. It is rather cute but falling as I am looking at it actually.

Open presents Christmas eve or morning? The elves leave pj's on Christmas Eve, but all the others are on Christmas morning.

Most annoying thing about this time of year? Spoiled rotten kids that don't know how much they truly have been blessed with when so many have far less.....

Most favorite thing about the season? The traditions, music, and thinking about the Savior's birth.

Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Probably this old fashioned Santa. I love Santas.

Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I love a good honey baked ham with homemade rolls. I am pretty much done with Turkey after Thanksgiving. Bye Bye.

What do you want for Christmas this year? I really just want to enjoy being with my family and making more wonderful memories. I also want peace and harmony among my children. That is the greatest gift a mother could receive.

I tag YOU!

4 comments:

Lisa Hartle said...

Too cool! I love, love, LOVE you new family photo! What a good looking group~

Suzie said...

I LOVED reading all about your Christmas' and good memories.
Enjoy!

sbaughman said...

Why haven't I seen this picture before? It is really and truly incredible!!! BUT, I really like the one up on Squaw Peak with the leaves....where did you have this taken? Looks like the River Bottoms....

You are funny - I think I probably would have gotten most of your answers right --- maybe that's because I'm your mom.

We were at the Columbia Temple today with Kjersti and Doug --- and MISTY was there. She looks good and is doing well. What a wonderful experience for the Franklins...they will be "sealed" as a family in late Feb/March. Jared is getting his papers ready for a mission and will go through then.

Love you muchly,

Mom

Steven and Stephanie said...

Hey there!! So good to hear from you!! You all look great!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! I think of you often!! Come stop by our blog anytime!!